Community Association Law
If you need help with community association law in Arizona or Salt Lake City, Utah, Maxwell & Morgan, P.C. is your law firm of choice. We have represented community associations, leaders of planned developments, and others who are concerned about community association laws since 1984. We deliver consistent, expert legal counseling provided by 17 dedicated attorneys, with lead attorneys who are members of the Community Associations Institute (CAI) and the national College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL).
Our attorneys’ unique level of involvement and experience in the legal community allows them to understand a wide range of legal issues that pertain to HOAs and their stakeholders. Our AV-rated® law firm is proud to serve you regarding your legal needs in the following practice areas.
Our attorneys are up to date on general legal counsel as it applies to condominium and homeowners associations. Whether your case is large or small, simple or complex, our community association law practice is ready to assist you. General counsel issues that we address include the following:
- Developer turnover: We can answer any questions you have regarding turnover and assist in the transition.
- Enforcing restrictions: We assist our clients who are having issues with restriction enforcement within their HOAs.
- Interpreting and drafting documents: We draft and interpret all legal documents related to community association law.
- Legal opinions: We provide oral and written legal opinions regarding conditions and restrictions, interpretations of covenants, articles of incorporation, bylaws, architectural guidelines, rules, case law and/or commentary.
- Contract review and negotiation: We can review and negotiate your contracts with various vendors, such as painters, management companies, landscapers, architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Interpreting legislation: We can help you review and interpret legislation that may benefit or harm your HOA.
We have the updated technology and experienced, knowledgeable attorneys needed to help clients handle collections from residents of an HOA. Whether you need help with a demand letter, foreclosure, bankruptcy, garnishment, personal money judgment, or foreclosure, we can assist you. We also offer a variety of payment programs.
Simple and Complex Litigation
We understand the many litigation situations that HOAs can become involved in. Whether you need assistance with a small claims court matter or complex litigation, we have the experience and resources to assist you. Some of our litigation services include the following:
- Contract disputes
- Administrative law hearings
- Covenant enforcement
- Collection of assessments
- Fair housing matters
Insurance defense is another area that we can help our clients with. If you are an insurer looking to defend a sued HOA, we can assist you. We have a great deal of experience working with insurers and know how to assist you with your legal defense case.
Contact Our Firm
No two cases are alike. It is a good idea to review your legal matters with one of our qualified attorneys so you can see exactly how we can help you through your case. When you are ready to learn more about our legal services, call us or contact us online. You can request a proposal related to your legal needs.